What is a Mommy Makeover?
Mommy Makeovers are one of the most popular combination techniques utilized in plastic surgery practice today. It is an “umbrella” term for any combination of procedures performed at the same time to address the common conditions that women deal with as a result of pregnancy and breastfeeding. Dr. Fred will custom-tailor your makeover, according to your unique needs and desires.
What are the Components of a Mommy Makeover?
Of course, the target areas are the abdomen and breasts, because of the enlarging and sudden decreasing in size of those areas. Once, the body returns to “normal”, a significant change has occurred in the volume of the breasts, as well as the abdomen. The muscles are weakened, the skin is stretched and there can be significant sagging and additional bulges that were not there before pregnancy.
Your Mommy Makeover
When you see Dr. Fred for a Mommy Makeover, the procedure plan for you may include the following:
- Breast Lift
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Internal Bra Mesh Lift
- Nipple and Areolar reduction
- Tummy Tuck
- Short Scar Tummy Tuck
- CelluTite for cellulite
- Body Tite – skin tightening
- Belly Button reshaping
- Reverse Tummy Tuck for the upper abdomen
- “Thigh Gap” creation
- Muscle shaping
- Buttock augmentation
- Thigh Lift
- Mons reduction and elevation
- Votiva – Feminine rejuvenation
- “Labial Puff” to rejuvenate the labia
- G shot / O shot
- Treatment of Stretch marks
Laser Hair Removal
At your consultation, both of you will discuss all your concerns and will create a plan specifically to address your needs and wants. Some special details that Dr. Fred provides are:
- If you have a breast lift or breast reduction, he will use the short scar lollipop incision to assure the least amount of visible scarring and a decrease in recovery time.
- For longer lasting lift or reduction, he may offer you the “Internal Bra Lift” which is accomplished utilizing an absorbable mesh.
- For minimally invasive skin tightening, he may offer Body Tite. Cornerstone Plastic Surgery has been named a center of excellence for the Body Tite Skin Tightening System.
- For a superior shaping and sculpting of the waist and tummy, we provide simultaneous liposuction and muscle shaping.
- For the upper abdomen and in conjunction with breast enhancement or reshaping, we offer “Reverse Tummy Tuck”.
- Sometimes a Mommy Makeover can be done in one session, but for safety reasons, some procedures will have to be accomplished over a series of multiple sessions.
Whatever procedures are in your Mommy Makeover, be assured we take great pride in the quality of the product we use, as well as the care that we provide. For example, when we provide breast implants, we use Sientra implants, which are the best on the market, and are only available to Board Certified or Board Eligible Plastic Surgeons. Furthermore, when you go home from your procedure, you can rest assured that you will have 24-hour access directly to Dr. Fred’s mobile phone, and he even does house calls, if necessary.
9 Things You Need to Know About A Mommy Makeover
- Mommy Makeovers are usually performed as outpatient surgeries. Because of this, you can recover in the comfort of your own home.
- Be sure you have help around the house. You will find it difficult to do routine chores and caring for children and pets will be a challenge. Ask for help from your spouse, your family members, or your friends.
- No driving until you are finished taking pain medications. Dr. Fred will give you prescriptions for the appropriate medications and dosages, but do not plan on driving while you are taking them.
- Non-smokers only. Smoking causes many complications with circulation. It delays wound healing and increases the chances of serious complications. Quit smoking for about four weeks before the surgery and continue not smoking for four weeks after. Consider this a great reason to quit, rewarding yourself with a new appearance and a healthier body.
- Recovery can be from one to two weeks, depending on the procedures. Expect to be sore, bruised and have swelling for about two weeks.
- Patience is required for final results. Sometimes swelling can last for six months or longer. Some benefits are visible immediately, but the full results are not apparent until all swelling is gone. The full benefit of the procedure may not be clearly seen until 6 months to a year from the time the Mommy Makeover was done.
- Keep eating healthy, and maintain a routine exercise schedule in order to ensure long-lasting results from the Mommy Makeover.
- For safe and quality care, only allow an experienced and fully trained plastic surgeon provide your Mommy Makeover. Because many of the makeover procedures are invasive, never cut corners or save money at the expense of your health and safety.